Sunday, December 22, 2013

Successful Swap Meet Selling

(A Young Santa Claus Before Retirement And Weight Gain)

It was a day of fun selling at the Swap Meet! It was a family affair too! At one point I had my husband, mom, dad, sister and niece all there with me. It was loads of fun! As well as loads of junk! 

(My Sweetheart Niece)

You would think going to sell at the Swap Meet would be a bit of an ordeal, but it sure isn't! Hubby and I packed our truck the evening before. We made sure to bring a small ice chest with drinks and snacks, as well as chairs for us to sit on. You got to be prepared and comfortable! 

(Santa Claus Sometimes Outsources With Deliveries) 

My mom and dad also sold, they arrived at our house with their loaded truck at 6:15 am and followed us a short drive to the Swap Meet. Once there, we got in line and the Swap Meet starts to let all selling vehicles in at 7:00 am. 

It cost $11 per stall and I like to buy two, just so the truck fits easily and our items can be spread out for easy view.  So, $22 to sell. Not too bad, but it used to be much cheaper. Though, isn't everything once upon a time? Sadly, that answer is yes. 


We made way more money than expected too! More than $100! Which, is pretty darn good considering I was selling everything for $1.00 or $0.50. We were really interested in just seeing it all go. And making that much money was a total bonus! 


Now, if you know me, there is no way I can be at the Swap Meet and not take a look around at the goods. I left "Santa Husband" in charge of selling and went to browse with my purse full of recently earned dollars! And the circle continues... 

Here are the goods I went home with. 



Colorful Rug cost $8. This was rolled up in brand new never used condition. I plan on putting it in front of our blue washer and dryer. Love those vibrant colors! Maybe it might make doing laundry a bit more cheerful. :0)


Snow Flake Tree Topper cost $1. It is perfect for our Mini Xmas Tree outside.  



Snow Man Tree Toppers cost 2 for $1! Perfect for our other two Mini Xmas Trees outside. 



They add that extra completed touch. Maybe next year I will wrap strands of colorful beads around the trees.  




Snow Man Mug Statues cost $0.25 each! Too cute and an awesome deal! I plan on using them to hold candy canes. 



Heart Picture Holder cost $1. I have been wanting one of these.  I actually plan on using it to display special cards that are given to me by my Husband, Family, and Friends. 


Cute right? And yes, my Hubby does love me. :0)



And why wouldn't he? I am Amazing! Worlds Best Wifey right here! ;0)


Colorful Xmas Bead Garland cost $1. I couldn't wait to display it in the kitchen window!



Antique Santa Pipe cost $0.25! I thought it would be super cute as Xmas Decoration. 



After I purchased the Santa looking one, the seller said I could have the Pirate looking one for FREE! Merry Christmas to me! It will go well as decoration in our pirate theme (wo)man cave. 



Fancy Xmas Ribbon cost $1 each for the large rolls and $0.50 each for the small rolls. 


Large Blue Baking Bowl With Lid cost $2. 


I already have a pink one with a similar design. Now they look like a set! 



Egg Beater cost $0.50. I adore the turquoise color. 



Basket cost $1. Cute baskets to keep us organized are great!


Gobble Till Ya Wobble Turkey cost $1. Too cute to pass up!



Scarecrow Decoration cost $0.50. 

(My Sweetheart Niece)

It was a successful trip at the Swap Meet with loads of fun and junk! Why not make some extra cash off your unwanted items? It's really not as hard as you might think! You might even enjoy it! Hey, and while you are at it, make it a family affair! After all, that's what it is all about! Till next time! 

Oh, and the items we didn't sell went to the Donation Center. Another Tax Deduction for 2013! Right on time too! 
 
     








No comments:

Post a Comment