Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A Used Chevron Print Sweater

What do you think of my new/used Cheer-ful Chevron Sweater? I think it is just adorable! I'm not sure if you can tell or not, but it is so very soft and comfy.  I only paid $1 for it on a previous Swap Meet Haul! One Dollar make me Hollar! Don't be green with envy! ;0)



When I first showed it to my Husband he said "Are you going to be a Cheerleader?". I assumed it was just wishful thinking on his part and gave him the ole eye roll. Then later, I saw how it looked from afar. You don't really notice the softness and fine detail of it. I then understood what the Hubs meant, it does look like a cheerleading uniform sweater a bit. I still adore it though and shall wear it with school pride. ;0)
 

 
I think the vibrant green color and chevron print of it is so unique.  It is very 1986 and yet so 2014! And for some reason I just want to break out and Cheer! Give me an A! Give me a B! Give me a WEAR IT FOR CHRISTMAS LESLIE! 


 
Here is a Candy Cane Striped Blouse that I purchased from the same lady of the Green Chevron Sweater. The blouse only cost $0.50! I think all the holiday madness around me was influencing me on my shopping spree. I might have never noticed these two festive colored pieces otherwise. I'm so glad I did though. I think they are fantastic! Too bad the seller didn't have more, I seriously might have purchased them in every color if she had.  

 
I just love older style clothing. It suits me well. I truly appreciate the beauty in all older things. I don't feel the need to buy the latest trends and keep up with the latest fashions. I like what I like. As long as you have classic pieces in your wardrobe, you really can never go wrong.


 
Maybe I might have been from a different era in another life.  That would explain it. ;0)

Buying used clothing items isn't all bad. It's actually all very good. You should try it sometime. A lot of older pieces were made very well and are of such good quality. Buying used doesn't necessarily mean everything is yucky and gross. You have to be selective. And of course wash all your items thoroughly before being worn. 
 


 
Why not dress sharply and uniquely with hardly any money spent? Trust me, your pocket book will thank you. It's a very smart way to shop if you ask me. Also, who wants to be dressed the same as the lady next to you. I know I don't, I enjoy being different. 
 

 
Till next time my fellow unique old souls!

          









No comments:

Post a Comment