Sunday, June 30, 2013

Skippers Swap Meet Stash

Ahoy there mates! Let me tell you about my 3 hour tour! My 3 hour tour... Okay, it was actually 2 hours. Sit right back and you will hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip. 

A Swap Meet trip that is... Starring The Skipper! Or Movie Star.  You decide. 


I think I might have just found the start to my Halloween costume this year! I've always wanted to be a Sailor for Halloween. Now my dream is going to come true!  Of course I might just "Ginger" it up a bit. What? You know you would too. The sailor hat came home with me for $0.50!


This painting stow away came home with me for $2. The seller actually wanted $3, but I negotiated. It might just be my favorite item of the day! 


It has now been swabbed and battened down. It's actually larger than it appears in this photo. It is the perfect mate to our pirate theme (wo)man cave. :0)


Here is the S.S. Minnow. I also purchased a full length mirror for $1, black spray paint $0.25 and a few clothing items for $0.50 each. 


The natives seem restless. ;0)


This lovely bouquet cost $2. A bit more than I wanted to pay, but I had the perfect spot for them. 


See, told ya. 


This is what it looked like before. I had brought in some outdoor branches to add a bit of height and interest. I like my $2 bouquet much better. 


I had a few left over stragglers that I added to a cowboy boot mug I have. Perfect fit. 


I purchased these lady bug rain boots for my niece for $2. I actually bought her a lady bug raincoat for $1 at a yard sale recently. Now she has the perfect set. She adores lady bugs and I adore her. 


This mini rake cost $1. I actually never seen one of these until today. Now it is mine. Mine I tell you!


The CEO of Flower Gloves and Rubber Boots can never have too many gardening tools. It states so in the Employee Handbook. ;0)


One cannot put a price on a mothers love. Though, the seller did. This picture came home with me for $1. 


It actually had a Bed Bath & Beyond tag of $19.99.  I like my $1 buying price much better. 


This butterfly pillow flew home with me for $1. 


This iron hook cost $0.35. I was thinking of hanging necklaces on it. I'm not sure yet though. 


I give a thumbs up on this haul! Till next time my castaways! 

         

No comments:

Post a Comment