Monday, June 17, 2013

Our Outdoor Paint Transformations

In case you are keeping up with The Joneses... I mean The Frys. ;0)


These are a bit of our older outdoor paint transformations that I thought I would share. And in doing so, here is a bit of an older pic of hubby and I. Well, not that old really. This was taken less than a year ago on a trip Hubby and I took to Julian, CA.  


This is a picture of our outdoor shed that was painted. I'm a bit disappointed that I couldn't find a before pic of it. But trust me when I say this, it was an eye sore! I just love how paint can totally transform something and give it a new lease on life! This chain link fence has since been removed. It was so oddly placed. I'm not sure which had came first, the shed or the fence. Either way, I'm glad it's gone now. Removing it really opened up the backyard. It feels so much larger now.

 
This is our backyard wood fence that was painted. What a difference right? Some people would have tore it down, but we knew better. It was still in good condition. It was a job nothing a bit of paint couldn't fix. And way cheaper than the cost would have been to replace it.



It's looking good right? Ooh baby! Brown is your color!




This Mailbox and Post was a $20 Craigslist find. Ugly right? But I saw the beauty and value in it.  Though, it did take a bit of me convincing hubby that it was worth us picking it up. 


I might just be the worlds messiest painter! I don't really enjoy painting much. I think it is because I am not good at it. It's a skill I am hoping to improve on. 


Hubby did the install and I did the painting. We are a perfect team in more ways than one! Hubby even printed that sign straight from his iPhone. I was impressed with the install and the sign. Did you notice our old white mailbox? I think this is a tremendous improvement!


And here it stands! Looking red hot! There are morning glory flowers planted near it now. :0)


 
That's going to be it on this post my picture perfect painting pals! Till, next time when we grab our paint brushes and bring out our inner Picaso again. 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment