Friday, January 31, 2014

Love At First Sight! A $4 Vintage Octagon End Table

It was a gamble at the Swap Meet with not many goodies in sight. I was a bit disappointed this day.  I had covered almost all Swap Meet ground and didn't have a thing in my shopping cart! You win some and you lose some right?


THEN, I spotted this Rustic Vintage Beauty. I'm not sure how though. It had a huge microwave sitting on top of it!

I wish I had taken a picture or two of it there. 


I asked the seller if I could see it without the microwave on top. He removed it and I absolutely loved it! 

He quoted me a price of $6. I thought that was pretty darn reasonable. I kept staring at it and was contemplating if I would be able to roll it to my truck on my shopping cart. I still had two more isles of Swap Meet goods/junk that I had yet to explore as well. 


Then the Seller says, "How about $5?" And I kept looking at it. Knowing I really want this, but thinking how am I going to get it to my truck! Then the Seller says, "Okay $4." I then said, "Yes! I will take it!"

I'm not sure if I had my poker face on or what, but I played my cards right and got a $4 Rustic Vintage End Table!

If your going to play the game boy, you got to learn to play it right! 

You got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them, know when to walk away, and know when to run! 
-Kenny Rogers


I managed to get it home fairly well too. I'm an Ace after all. ;0) Till next time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment