Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Craigslist Cleaning Shark Vacuum

      

I'm swimming with the Sharks! Well, vacuuming with a Shark Navigator Swivel Deluxe Upright Bagless Vacuum UV410 to be exact. 


We have been in need of a good working vacuum for quite some time. We actually had two vacuums up until recently. I put a vacuum and a bunch of other items for free on the curb. Then I placed an ad with a picture on Craigslist in the free section.  Would you believe that EVERYTHING was picked up within 32 minutes of me placing the ad? It's true. I highly recommend it. 


The only reason we did not donate the items is because the mobile donation center near our home is very particular on what they accept and we didn't feel like going to the main facility, which is further away. Otherwise, donating and saving the receipts you are given is the smart thing to do come tax time. Donating can really benefit you and provide some tax relief. So, if you don't know, now you know. 


The reason we had two vacuums is that one worked really well in the upright position and the other vacuum had a hose that worked really well. However, trying to use two different vacuums at the same time can be a HUGE pain in the butt! It was super frustrating and I was always in a bad mood when vacuuming. I decided enough was enough! 


I didn't know what type of vacuum I wanted, so I decided to take a look on YouTube to watch some reviews. A good friend of mine mentioned The Shark was a good vacuum to get, so that's where my search started. 


After watching quite a few positive reviews on different Shark models I decided to see if there were any new Sharks being sold on Craigslist. There were lots of used ones being sold for around $60. That seems a bit high for a used vacuum to me. Especially because buying a used vacuum is very risky. I've never done it before. I wouldn't want to pay $60 for something that might not even work well. That would be such a waste of money.   

Then I came across an ad for a Shark Navigator Swivel Deluxe being sold in like new condition. It was in the box, with new attachments for $40.  It was also located in my City. I sent the seller a message to negotiate the price down to $30. They agreed. Woot!
 

I decided to do a quick search on how much this particular vacuum cost brand new and it is $149.99 at Costco.  It had fairly good reviews, which made me have more confidence in it. 


It's also being sold on Amazon with a new listing price of $248.50. Amazon had an average rating of 4 stars. Not too shabby. 

My $30 Craigslist find is looking more and more appealing. I can risk $30 if it is not all that I expect and then some. Life is a gamble after all isn't it? ;0) So, I made arrangements to pick it up and found out it was located only 2 blocks away! Woot! Woot!

Once I arrived, it really was in like new condition and needed to be assembled. Luckily, the seller assisted me with that. I also tested it and was pleased with the suction. 

Now to get it home and really test it out! I really couldn't start it up fast enough. Who gets excited about vacuuming? Apparently, I do. I know, I really should get out more. 


Let me tell you that I absolutely love this vacuum! I It has excellent suction!  It might just be the best vacuum I have ever owned. And I have owned quite a few. It comes with four or five attachments and I have only tried two so far. They both work great. I also like that it is extremely light weight and easy to maneuver. It can also be used on bare floor which I like. The only thing I wish it had is a retractable cord, but other than that I am super happy with it. Did I mention that it is not super loud either? Not loud at all and I like that. Who wants a vacuum that causes migraines? I know I don't. 


In all honesty, I must of picked up dirt and dust 3 inches high with this vacuum. That really disgusted me. If you know me, you know that I am a neat freak and a clean freak. To see that much dirt and dust picked up in our house that I thought was clean really surprised me. I highly recommend this vacuum.  I would definitely give it a high star rating.  I'm pretty sure the newer models might even work better. So, keep your options open and do a bit of research beforehand. 


Buying a used vacuum can be risky, but it worked out perfectly for me and saved us over $120.00! Till next time my fellow clean freaks! Vacuum on! 

           



No comments:

Post a Comment