Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My DIY Classy Chalk Board


Class is in session! Are you hot for teacher? ;0) 


I purchased this wood picture frame a while back at the Swap Meet for $1! What a super great deal! I just love the wood stain and the black iron design in each corner. 


I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it when I saw it. I have been wanting a long chalk board to hang on a narrow wall in our dining room. (Please ignore the dirty wall, I have since cleaned it.)


This Rust-Oleum Chalk Board Spray Paint is sold at Walmart for $3.97. That's a pretty good price if you ask me. After now trying it out, I would definitely give it 5 stars.


First I removed the backing and the glass from the frame.


Then I windexed the glass very well. Making sure it was dry.


I'm not sure if you can tell or not, but this is actually the glass to be spray painted.   The mat is painted on the back side of the glass. I layed it down outside on my go to cardboard for spray painting. I then sprayed it one full coat of the Rust-Oleum Chalk Board Spray Paint. 


I sprayed it a total of 3 times. Waiting about an hour or so between each coat. 


I am really happy with the end result. It came out much nicer than I expected. This project was super easy. Anyone can do it!  


Total project cost $3.97 plus tax for the Chalk Board Paint and $1 for the Frame. Woo Hoo! I'm loving it! 


Class is over! You may be dismissed. Till next time! :0)

            


No comments:

Post a Comment